Sign up for your Tarsal account
- If you haven’t already, email email@example.com for access, and then sign up here using your work email address.
- Tarsal will send you an email with a verification link. After clicking the link, you’ll be taken to your new workspace.
Set up a source
⭐ A source is wherever you want to ingest data from, whether that’s an API, data warehouse, or an SNS queue.
To set up a source:
- On the dashboard, click Sources and then click + New source.
- On the set up source page, select the source you want to set up from the Source type dropdown.
- Fill out the displayed form to connect your source.
- Click Set up source.
Set up a destination
⭐ A destination is a data warehouse, data lake, SIEM, or wherever you want to load your extracted data.
To set up a destination:
- On the dashboard, click Destinations and then click + New destination.
- On the Set up the destination page, select the destination you want to set up from the Destination type dropdown.
- Fill out the displayed form to connect your destination.
- Click Set up destination.
Set up a connection
⭐ A connection is an automated data pipeline that normalizes replicates data from a source to a destination.
To set up a connection:
- On the dashboard, click Connections and then click + New connection.
- On the New connection page, select a source:
- To use an existing source, select your source from the Source dropdown. Click Use existing source.
- To set up a new source, select the source you want to set up from the Source type dropdown. Then, go through the instructions above.
- From the Replication frequency dropdown, select how often you want the data to sync from the source to the destination.
- Optionally, set transformations you want to run on logs in-flight with VRL.
- Click Set up connection.
- Tarsal tests the connection. If the sync is successful, the Connection page is displayed.